AARCH annually provides a wide variety of technical assistance to homeowners, business owners, municipalities and other not-for-profits on historic preservation matters. Among the kinds of assistance we provide are: helping with building conservation problems, identifying sources of funding for preservation projects, people doing historical research, hosting workshops, and providing information on historic sites surveys and National Register listings. We also offer additional resources on our LEARN section of the website. We typically service more than 50 technical assistance requests each year.
Just a few recent examples include:
- Clinton County Historical Association— a design for a new entry
- Adaptive reuse strategies for a Plattsburgh Bank
- Conditions assessment of a camp on Tupper Lake
- Assessment of an historic barn in Keene and Forest Lake Camp Lodge
- Help with rehabilitation planning for Whitcomb’s Garage in Whallonsburg
- National Register Nominations for numerous properties and districts
- Town wide Cultural Resource Surveys – Willsboro, Schuyler Falls
- Tax credit workshop – Malone
- Existing conditions documentations – Historic camp in Essex
- Writing the Sacred Sites Grant for the restoration of the belfry of the Hague Baptist Church
- Providing information and resources to encourage the preservation of the Smith House in Westport, the Doll House at Camp Sabattis, and St. Gabriels Church in Paul Smiths
If you have an issue or project in your community that could benefit from this kind of assistance, please contact Christine Bush, Preservation Services Director, at email@example.com.