There are various funding sources available for historic preservation projects, at the local, state, and national level.
The links below will lead to some information pertaining to funding at the state and national level. However, a good source of funding that should be explored first is at the local level. Be sure to contact your municipal (village, city, town and/or county) planning or economic development offices for information about programs in your community.
- National Park Service
- Funding for private property owners
- Funding for not-for-profit organizations and municipalities
- New York State Historic Preservation Grant Program (EPF)
- Investment Tax Credit
- Income Tax Credits
- NYS Rehabilitation Tax Credit for Commercial Property
- NYS Rehabilitation Tax Credit for Homeowners NYSITCResidentialTC