Thank you to everyone who attended our tours this past season! Keep an eye out in April 2024 for our Summer Newsletter and tour schedule to learn about next year’s tour offerings.
Due to their popularity, tours fill quickly and we highly recommend becoming a member to take advantage of priority registration and discounted rates. During the priority registration period, members fill out a TOUR REQUEST FORM (or submit choices online via Google Form) to enter the lottery process that starts in mid-May 2024. Note that this year’s lottery has already occurred.
Tour registration is open to non-members at any time but are processed after the tour lottery concludes in mid-May. Please call the office for availability on those that have room, and note that a first-come, first-served wait list is kept on all tours. Should cancellations occur, we fill spots on tours via the wait list. For more on the tour lottery, see “FAQs” below.
Special Event registration is immediately available to members and non-members and tickets may be purchased in the AARCH Storefront. You may also register for events by contacting the office.
TOUR REGISTRATION POLICY
Please read these instructions carefully as some of these policies have been amended for this year.
Reservations for AARCH tours and events are made through a registration process starting with the release of this events schedule. Requests received from current AARCH members by 8 am on Monday, May 15, 2023 will receive priority and be entered into the tour lottery. We accept reservation requests from non-members at any time but these will be considered after completion of the lottery.
Reservation requests may be submitted by telephone, mail, email, or via Google form. Please return to us the attached Tour Request Form. Requests from both members and non-members received after 8 am on May 15 will be honored in the order they are received.
Please do not send payment with reservation requests. Participants will be invoiced with their confirmation letter.
REGISTRATION AND CONFIRMATION
Due to a high volume of requests, AARCH tours are filled through a lottery process unless otherwise noted. All requests received by 8 am on Monday, May 15 are randomly drawn. Participants will be notified by email or phone of their confirmed reservations following the lottery’s completion. Please contact the office if you don’t hear from us by Friday, May 26.
Advanced registration is required for all events unless otherwise noted, as space on AARCH outings is limited. After tours are initially filled, we automatically place names on a waiting list. Should cancellations occur, we notify those on the waiting list in the order that their requests were processed.
PAYMENT AND CANCELLATIONS
Payment is due immediately upon receipt of invoice. Prepayment for all tours and events is required and non-payment will result in the forfeiture of a reservation. Payment will not be accepted on the day of a tour. If you must cancel a tour, AARCH will consider your payment a donation and will issue the corresponding donation receipt. Exceptions to these policies will not be made for any reason.
In the rare event that AARCH must cancel a scheduled tour, we will issue a refund promptly, via the initial method of payment. Regarding any unlikely cancellations, you will receive a refund OR may leave your payment as a tax-deductible donation to AARCH.
AARCH tours, workshops, and events are led by scholars, professionals, and knowledgeable volunteers. They are enjoyable learning experiences and help fund our preservation mission. Please read the following carefully:
- Many tours require a fair amount of walking or stamina. Please be respectful of guides and other participants and ensure that you are physically able to participate in the outing as described. Please contact AARCH if you need more information about the type of physical activity required for each individual tour.
- Lunch and beverages are often NOT included on tours unless otherwise noted. Please bring your own lunch and beverage and know that you may also need to carry it for the duration of the tour.
- AARCH tours are held rain or shine and we will not cancel due to weather unless there is a severe weather emergency. There are no rain dates for any AARCH event unless otherwise noted. Please dress appropriately for the variable weather conditions of the Adirondacks.
- Each participant is allowed a total of 4 reservations per tour, unless otherwise noted.
- When submitting your tour request form please include the names of other people in your party in order to avoid duplications and double bookings.
- Pets are not allowed on AARCH tours.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes.